DOZENS of times within 24 hours messages are flooding my inbox to share how I made my spinach lasagna rolls. I shared a photo and people were messaging me left and right.
It is one of the easiest recipes I have ever made. It was thrilling when my 2 year old who doesn’t eat almost anything, because toddling is tough, devoured it. Then my daughter who is very selective over what she eats, ate it all up and wanted more. Then the next day they wanted it for lunch!
Unfortunately, they were not able to have them for lunch. There was only 1 spinach lasagna roll left and sharing was just not on the table. I mean, there is 4 of them, they couldn’t split the single spinach lasagna roll anyway!
I literally used 6 ingredients to make the spinach lasagna rolls and it took me almost no time to do so!
If you want to enjoy some amazing lasagna rolls without having all day to cook a gourmet meal; these are a winning recipe.
Another thing I really enjoyed about this recipe is its simplicity. It is incredibly easy to make in a pinch, but it also is the bear bones. There are so many ways that you can take this recipe and create your own master piece. This is the simplest version I could conjure up.
If you LOVE spinach but it just isn’t quite enough, toss in some chicken! If you are in the mood for a meats lasagna nix the spinach and throw in some sausage and pepperoni. There are so many fun ways you can turn this recipe into a completely different dinner on another night. Once you have these concepts down, you will be a lasagna roll machine.
Turn your classic spinach lasagna into a fun individual serving size dinner! This recipe is super easy and our kids LOVE it! They love having their own little serving of lasagna all rolled into perfection, and this momma LOVES a quick easy dinner! Making 8 rolls, this is the perfect recipe for this family of 7!
- 1 large container of ricotta
- 1.5 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16oz pasta sauce (we prefer four cheese)
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 8oz frozen spinach
- 1 tablespoon of italian seasoning
- cook your lasagna noodles in boiling water till soft
- in a mixing bowl, mix together frozen spinach, Italian seasoning, entire container of ricotta and .5 cup mozzarella cheese
- coat the bottom of glass baking pan with a layer of pasta sauce
- lay out lasagna noodles and put about 3 tablespoons of mixture into center of noodle
- fold the ends of the noodles to enclose the mixture into the noodle, place folded side down into pan
- cover the rolls with remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese
- cover rolls with aluminum foil and bake in oven at 350* for 30 minutes
- after 30minutes remove foil and bake for 10 additional minutes uncovered to brown cheese
You can substitute out Italian seasoning for any seasonings you would like, I prefer Italian because it makes for an easy blend!
*pictured without coating jar of sauce and cheese